Dandelion Psychotherapy, PLLC
Growing Washington, DC & Maryland-based private practice seeking to add members to our team. Below is a description of the practice and the position:
We are a thriving family psychotherapy practice serving families with children of all ages, college students, young professionals, and individual adults. We attract referrals from colleagues in our field, medical offices, hospitals, public and private/parochial elementary, middle, and high schools, as well as local universities. Our offices are physically located within steps of a NW DC metro station. We provide individual, family, and group therapy. Our client base is diverse: insurance and fee-for-service clientele are welcomed and well-represented. Our team members are employees or independent contractors, depending on experience and licensure. It is desired that our therapists and will build and maintain a caseload at a rate of competitive compensation.
At this time, we are hiring therapists to work both in the Tenleytown office, and virtually. If you accept a virtual or hybrid position, the following are required:
- (In home) Access to working Computer or Tablet/iPad
- (In home) Access to WiFi
- (In home) Access Printer/Scanner/Copier
- Willingness/availability to meet virtually for regular individual and team meetings
Ability to navigate various software platforms
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or related field
- Licensed to practice independently at the graduate or clinical level in Washington, DC and/or Maryland
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience: experience providing therapy in a private practice is a plus; those with experience in agency, school, or healthcare-based backgrounds will also be considered with an ongoing commitment to professional development
- Post-graduate psychotherapy training strongly preferred such as certificate training programs (if no formal psychotherapy training in history, a commitment to ongoing training and supervision is required)
- Psychodynamic treatment foundation, with adjunctive practice/theory specializations such as CBT, play therapy, expressive arts therapies, or mind-body approaches and interventions highly desired
- Possess grit, self-starter, motivated, innovative, and creative
- Team player who will regularly attend F2F or Zoom meetings with director (twice monthly) and team (monthly),
- In addition to daytime availablity, 2 evenings and/or 1 weekend day, and can provide 3 blocks of availability total
- Especially seeking child therapists, play therapists, and therapists trained in couple and family therapy!
Interested individuals should submit a CV/resume, cover letter including availability, and two references (letters of professional reference for consideration are preferred).
Please send materials to
Erika Bugaj, MA, MSW, LICSW, LCSW-C, Director at [email protected]